Posts tagged lanka project
Seran is one of the founding members of a group called Patchwork, who will be raising money for people with a disability, due to war, in North East Sri Lanka,
He is a Bharatha Natyam dancer and will be putting on a show with two other dancers to raise money for the cause.
I’m helping him out by making a little promotional video for him – these are some of the pictures from the day.
I also interviewed Seran for the second of the “Senses of Sri Lanka” series – you’ll get to hear his stories soon!
“Some 70% of Sri Lanka’s 14 million-strong electorate turned out to vote. However, turn-out in the Tamil areas in the north-east, where the fiercest fighting occurred during the conflict, was less than 30%.”
Article can be found here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8482963.stm
This one’s from Ramya!
1. pinnaale-behind-pinaale ukaarunga
2. munnaale-front-munnaale ukaarunga
4. kaattiru-wait-konja nerum kattirapohm
5. paleya-old-adu paleya peru
(the rest are phrases my uncle said)
6. otti kondu-drive-intru iruviku caril otti kondu verte pohren
7. nala paluthathe-too ripe-nala paluthathe vellaipalam
8. nadaval-tall-nadaval manison
9. kattai-short-athu kattai pillae
10. kalunga-potato-nee oru kalunga thallai